How will this get sorted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 30 years ago, me and my new neighbour agreed to swap some land. This was all detailed on a fully dimensioned drawing and the full legal process was completed.

About 5 years ago, the new owners persisted in using part of the land that was given to me. This caused a lot of aggravation with numerous rows, and I would often say words to the effect "just look at the deeds".

About 1 year ago after one of our rows, he said the Land Registry (LR) had assured him that I was wrong. And I was left with the impression that he really believed he was being truthful. So I downloaded the LR drawings for both our houses, I also had the registered copy of the detailed drawing. And found to my amazement that my LR drawing was correct and showed the exact details of the swopped land. But his LR drawing showed the land that I had been given but not the land I had given to them. I showed this evidence to him and he now accepts the position and has stopped using the disputed land.,
But it seems the LR - even though he has shown them the evidence - are reluctant to take any action.

How will this ever get resolved

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back