Property With Foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I am from NI and I have found property I would love to build on. The Land itself already has foundations (to keep PP alive) but the plans are too big for my budget.

While I would keep a majority of foundations in place there is one wall I would like shortened.

The house is an L Shape bungalow but I would like it one of the sides to be shorter so that the SQ Foot isn't as excessive.

As you can see foundations are in but can anyone tell me with experience if these look ok or are my looking a a demo job.

I would think making the house footprint smaller wouldn't be an issue with PP but is building a wall closer and demolishing part of the larger foundation a straightforward task?

Founds are approximately 2 -3 feet deep. below the surface of the ground using those big breeze bocks. Presumably its deeper or is that satisfactory.

Some questions:
  • Is the brickwork between the slabs of concrete denoting rooms?
  • Not sure why there is no insulation below the slab perhaps that's the foundation slab so in effect I add Insulation / DPM above this?
  • I wont be carrying out the work myself but I just want an idea is this something that's done with the 'Foundation' money you get from the bank for a self build e.g. if they give me £30k for foundations I can use say £15k to get part of them altered?
Water is available at site and Single Phase powerline on property too owner wants like £60k for plot been told to offer £45k as its had its PP granted in 2007 - Which means the founds are likely there between 2007 - 2010 to keep PP alive.

Thoughts

Attachments

• PXL_20201220_143226582 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20201220_143226582 - Copy.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20201220_143430781 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20201220_143430781 - Copy.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20201220_143446043 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20201220_143446043 - Copy.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
I thought about that but I thought the walls would need to be built around the edge of the current foundations so having the area smaller would need new re-enforced concrete wall plates where the new cavity would begin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back