shed with a trench foundation instead of slab?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a 5x3m shed and about to do the MOT T1 + concrete slab base, but wondering why I can't find any info about using a trench foundation instead, seems like it would use less material overall and it must be pretty strong given that's how they build houses, very curious.

(Also - part A Building regs state a minimum thickness of 150mm for foundations, but I believe this relates to houses not smaller outbuildings? If i want to get B regs on this shed in future to sleep in, how thick should MOT + slab be?)

Sponsored Links
Building a 5x3m shed and about to do the MOT T1 + concrete slab base, but wondering why I can't find any info about using a trench foundation instead, seems like it would use less material overall and it must be pretty strong given that's how they build houses, very curious.

(Also - part A Building regs state a minimum thickness of 150mm for foundations, but I believe this relates to houses not smaller outbuildings? If i want to get B regs on this shed in future to sleep in, how thick should MOT + slab be?)
Because a shed requires more than just perimeter support, regards the base. Therefore, it's cheaper to stick some slabs down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back