Screeding the shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone!

I am building a concrete block shed, or rarher two sharing one wall. Each one a bit smaller than 7x5 meters. I am about to pour foundation, 60cm deep, 30cm thick and take the blocks from there until i get a bit over the ground level.
Next i will want to lay a concrete slab within those walls. Are you able to advise on what layer thickness of MOT, sand and then of concrete would you use for this? Also shed will be insulated on the inside, so that i can use it as a workshop over the winter. Is it worth putting in floor insulation? I don't want it to be as warm as house, and will just have a small electric heater, so unsure if it's wort doing. What would you advise?

Sponsored Links
Are you able to advise on what layer thickness of MOT, sand and then of concrete would you use for this?
100mm - 150mm compacted MOT stone.

25mm - 50mm sand blinding.

1200g polythene.

80mm Celotex (we just use 100mm).

100mm - 150mm concrete slab or 100mm concrete slab and 50mm screed.

Thank you! Actually those boards are not too expensive! Just that bloody digging re floor area, that is why i said about 7x5 i measured the predicted internal floor area and it will be just below 30sqm across the whole thing. 7x5 is what i had available for the shed, then some is used for foundations, some for walls and insulation.
Would you use reinforcement for such floor? Bearing each room at almost 3x5 metres?

Sponsored Links
No drains, and ground will be mainly clay so i would imagine its gonna be fine. Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back