Protect pipes in porch/utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just moved into a house which has a large porch at the rear which is used as a utility room for a washing machine and freezer which also has a double radiator in the room.

The previous occupants said the pipes froze last year and that they have since well insulated the room. Whilst i do not doubt they have done this, i would like to avoid any further pipes freezing.

Could anyone advise me on the simplest/best way to do ensure this without too much expense ? I had thought that about putting a thermostatic electric fan heater in and set it to come on when the temperature drops to just above freezing to take the chill off the room ?

The room has two windows which are double glazed.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You make the call but in cold weather all the house rads should be on 24/7 trickle heat - to prevent freezing, and helping prevent condensation.

A frost stat is a must for your utility room.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back