Waste in a Utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to put soil waste into my utility room for the washing machine and dishwasher.

I have dug up the floor in the veranda to access the pipe running from the stack and can put a branch in this pipe and then run soil pipe into the untility room.

I want a neat foul drain opening for the dishwasher and washing machine to run into.

Do I need a bottle gulley to stop foul air getting from the sewer into the utility or is there another way. I don;t want a grill in the floor so can I run the dish washer waste through some sort of adapter / drain connector into the bottle gulley. Or could I just enter the utility room with a bend and then put a drain connector into it and run the 40mm waste from the washing machine into it.

Sponsored Links
Bottle gulley will need to be fitted with a sealed lid, waste(s) can be bossed into it. Other option would be to connect the wastes via a boss into the 110mm pipe, then fit an access cap on the top for future maintenance. (I assume you are connection this into the underground drains, so in the event of a blockage the cap will allow access for cleaning. I'd be wary of pipework underground that is inaccessible.)

Appliances should have traps on the waste(s) to prevent any foul air entering the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back