new toilet remote from stack pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a bungalow with one combined bathroom with bath, shower washbasin and WC. I wish to instal a WC and basin into a seperate room replacing a sink in the utility room. The outlets from the sink, washing machine and water softener go into a gulley in the patio which is some 30ft from the soil pipe and manhole for foul waste.Can I convert this gulley to take the toilet waste and can I use a short internal stack pipe to vent the system. What do I need to do to convert the gulley.

Sponsored Links
You can convert it in theory, however you'll find you probably need building control approval to do it. How about installing a macerator?

Installing a new w/c in a room & making a new connection to the foul drain system is subject to Building Regulations. Forced ventilation (extract fan) will be required &, in the case of stud walls, possible sound installation. You cannot use the existing hopper arrangement & it’s unlikely the current waste drain system is large enough for foul waste so will most likely need replacing up to the inspection chamber; a check under the inspection hatch should tell you. A new foul drain & connection will also be subject to inspection & possible testing.

Building Regs apply regardless of weather or not you use a macerator but may mean you can use the existing invert drain (the bit below the ground) I would advise you avoid a macerator unless there is absolutely no other alternative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back