protecting garden furniture and anti fungicide in paint.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello good people, the questions, would appreciate advice.

ques 1) New wooden garden furniture, would like to protect it to prevent environmental damage, what product should I use?

ques 2) Is it advisable to mix anti fungicides in paint, I am decorating a treatment room, that could at times suffer from condensation and also oil marks.
It's new plaster, I was thinking of base coating with dilute emulsion and adding a anti fungicide to this, then using a bathroom paint product for next coats, is this a good idea, if not what would be recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help with the above.

Sponsored Links
Question 2- BIG NO NO- the fungicides will be constantly released into the room. Exterior paints should never be used indoors.

If you want a durable finish look at zinsser BIN it is shellac based, it stinks when you apply it but the smell goes in minutes. 3 days to completely cure

Alternatively oil based eggshell, smell will linger for weeks though as it takes a couple of months to cure.

Apply thinned emulsion first and then a full coat as a base.

Question 1- teak oil, lots of (thin) coats. The wood will become grey though if uncovered over winter. Any rags used must be laid flat to dry or soaked in water otherwise they could combust. Wear gloves- v sticky

Thanks for the advice oops, I thought as much with the oils for the wood but good to have it confirmed.
and I'm glad you told me about the fungicide, that could have been a big mistake.
I will google the zinsser BIN and see if I can purchase it local.
Thanks Again

Sponsored Links
Hello good people, the questions, would appreciate advice.

ques 1) New wooden garden furniture, would like to protect it to prevent environmental damage, what product should I use?

ques 2) Is it advisable to mix anti fungicides in paint, I am decorating a treatment room, that could at times suffer from condensation and also oil marks.
It's new plaster, I was thinking of base coating with dilute emulsion and adding a anti fungicide to this, then using a bathroom paint product for next coats, is this a good idea, if not what would be recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help with the above.

you get paints that do contain it but remember no driving after using as it has the efffects of getting you seriously high! my mate done it when we were doing a contract and he drove after not knowing and pranged the van and lost his licence due to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back