Protecting the bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I protect the bricks from the elements.

Over eager and without a clue of how long things were going to take, over the sunny summer months, I decided to take off the horrific pebble dash from the walls of our little bungalow. We are still not able to live there so there is no heating. I'm concerned about the cold winter weather coming and was wondering if I should some how put up some temporary protection to the awful and seemingly weak commons that make up the upper part of the external wall (with English bond). Any advice would be appreciated. Better still if you suggest something, better if it were something that could be re-used later down the line. Do i need to go to the trouble and expense? I'm worried about rain and frost.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the most obvious answer is to get it render scratchcoated, thats assuming you are getting it rendered/dashed again.

Thanks.. that would make sense.. i should have also explained what to me is obvious..

if only..

a) time allow for me to do that now..
b) New windows were in with alteration to openings done.
c) more free funds to get somebody in.
d) had made a decision re external insulation

Any other thoughts, quick/ efficient not too costly?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back