Protection against overload current

Yes, I did think of that 'other side of the coin', but I was responding to the comment which I took to be referring to repeated unplugging/re-plugging 'loosening' things.

As for that 'other side of the coin', although what you say is undoubtedly true, it's quite often (literally) years between occasions when some of my kitchen/utility room appliances get unplugged (often probably only a handful of times in the entire lifetime of the appliance) and, although the pins don't stay 'bright';, I've never experienced any electrical issues as a consequence.

Kind Regards, John
I know all about staying plugged in, our spare bedrom which is always called the office was set up as an office at one end and a radio studio the other and not a plug was moved between 1994 and 2012, the ham radio shack is basically running on 3 extension leads and they have not been unplugged since 1994, however a 4th was removed last year and the plug [and hence I assume the socket] was in a really grotty state. all of them have had big loads on an ocassional basis without any apparent problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back