Proximity of Gas pipe to Hot water Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Currently getting a wood burning stove put in and it has a back boiler. All the old pipework is being replaced and its been discovered that the gas pipe runs up next to where the old back boiler pipes are.

Before I bought the house the back boiler in the fire, it had already been removed. So I really don't know if they have ever been used together. Pipe supplies my home boiler so I do need it.

The closest pipe to the gas pipe would be the cooler return pipe to back boiler, I'm still not so happy with the "it will be ok" reply I get from fitter. Does anyone know how close I can have a back boiler pipe to a gas pipe in mm so I can check the distance is ok.

Sponsored Links
Is the fitter Gas Safe registered?

No they are just open fire fitters, do not do gas. pipe run is about 2meters together. I know back boilers you can get the water to 100C, so I do want it to be safe

Sponsored Links
find something else to worry about, there is no problem with the situation you have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back