Public Health England virus charts update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

Looks like they may have gone to autoscaling and have added a bit more

Decided to look at the number another way as a bit bored. Numbers are approx. More so if ~

London 515 cases per million people
B'ham 336
Wales 307
Scotland 192
Milton Keynes ~ 200+ for somewhere entirely different

As of 27th March
Wales surprised me but suppose most of the population is concentrated.

Sponsored Links
Re the global stats i am just not convinced China has been that honest about their reporting. Nearly every person has recovered Deaths in comparison to Italy for example... and they had zero notice they are not painting a real picture. :whistle:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

I gotta say Farage posted a vid yesterday and he's absolutely right, we have seriously let our nation down with a lack of tests, as WHO said 'test test test...' Not good.

Sponsored Links
Skies are still full of airplanes infecting the planet....
https://www.flightradar24.com/45.82,-21.37/2
Indeed Ryler indeed... USA wtaf.. have you seen their skyrocketing infection rate... they certainly are going stratospheric.

doomed.JPG

from the woldometers data
adjusted to reflect population of 60m (per capita)

sadly we (the black line) is just following the same trajectory of Italy
Spain looks particularly bad.
France seems to be less poor but far from good
Germany at the moment is doing OK
USA not as bad as it seems (although I suspect that will change)
How did south korea get it so right?

deaths versus days since 2nd death occurred.
covdeaths28.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree we are on the Itally track. We are approx, 10-15 days behind and around 50%

rom the woldometers data
adjusted to reflect population of 60m (per capita)

Im not sure per capita rates are that useful - because that is taking into account those people not infected.

The rate of infection increase is the most useful indicator.

However, number of positive cases doesnt mean much as it depends how many tests are being done. Death rate is the only real metric (even then, that depehds how its counted).

Im not sure per capita rates are that useful - because that is taking into account those people not infected.

The rate of infection increase is the most useful indicator.

However, number of positive cases doesnt mean much as it depends how many tests are being done. Death rate is the only real metric (even then, that depehds how its counted).
agreed positive cases is too dependent on the testing regime. Deaths is probably the best indicator that is available, but as you say not perfect.
I took a look at a per capita comparison as I thought it an interesting indicator of a countries overall resilience.

steepness of the line is the rate of increase, and sadly ours looks like Italy did 16 days ago, I was hoping to see a line less steep than france.

steepness of the line is the rate of increase, and sadly ours looks like Italy did 16 days ago,

That is not to say though, that our social distancing will not flatten the trajectory....

Only time will tell which responses were most effective.

That is not to say though, that our social distancing will not flatten the trajectory....

Only time will tell which responses were most effective.

Social distancing will have a big effect, but it will take upto about 3 weeks alter the figures.

There could be a very simple reason for lower death rates in China. Thanks to Chairman Mao a fitter older population. Daily exercise. Seems they have re introduced it in places where it had been relaxed. Ideally talking to my son he checked 60 year olds and found 10% in China and 15% some where in Europe.

Has a real effect pass. Millions died of starvation as well when too many shifted out of agriculture. Same thing - pass. One of my bosses went to China on business shortly after they built a hotel for foreigners - he lost weight due to the portions of food provided. A long time ago.

Sponsored Links
Back