Public liability for a roofer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have recently taken on more flat roofs(torch-on felt) so when my public liability came round to re-new i told my broker this, i will do about 15% of my work(torch on) the rest mainly tiling/slating and lead work.
The quote is now in the reigon of £850.00 up from £150.00, it makes me wonder if its worth doing the flat roofing or should i just sub it out?
Who do you use for public liability
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
So it was £150 for slate, lead etc. and now £850 to add flat roofs? :eek: I'd have thought they were less dangerous? What else did you tell your broker, that you'd taken a liking to getting ****ed on the job!? I'd get a few more quotes if i were you.

So it was £150 for slate, lead etc. and now £850 to add flat roofs? :eek: I'd have thought they were less dangerous? What else did you tell your broker, that you'd taken a liking to getting p****d on the job!? I'd get a few more quotes if i were you.

Thats about right, its not the risk of falling its the risk of burning down their house.

Im in watford leadman and I pay £900 was the cheapest I could find.

Have to admit I make a point of showing that my PL covers me for hotworks to customers, and they should check this with other roofers who quote.

On average I get 8 out of 10

Sponsored Links
£900 was the cheapest I could find.

Leadman and Tudorroofing can you give me the name of your PL insurance companies! Do your prices include employers liability?

I pay £1250 per year roughly and it only allows 10% of hot works/flat roofs. Before, just for roofing/slating it was only £200

This is with Ashburnham through 'Gothic' insurance brokers (No they don't all wear strange make-up and black clothes ;) )

Thanks Tudorroofing for the heads up, i think the price is fair considering, its just wether to bother with flat roofs at all being as i dont do much.
J.s. if you pm me i will give you the name of the broker, he is based in Berks so not far from you.
Cheers
Dave

Back