Pull Switch for bathroom- need bigger pattress

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm wiring a bathroom light and a fan isołator from a standard bathroom pull switch.
My problem is I can't find a deep enough circular patress to contain the wiring to the light and the extractor fan, ie the terminal blocks for neutral and earth.
Does anyone know when I can get a deeper circular patress or even a square bathroom pull switch so I can have enough room to wire up?
Thanks all,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Get a 47mm square patress and mount it to a noggin, then fix the noggin between joists above your switch.

Get a 47mm square patress and mount it to a noggin, then fix the noggin between joists above your switch.
Yes, I'm sorted now, CEF didn't have anything so I mounted another square patress and wired up behind a blanking plate.
As I said no ceiling access and no space so it had to be done on the ceiling, not ideal but at least it's sorted, cheers,
Btw, there was no wiring for the extractor so assumed grey was the switched live, brown live, and black neutral. Hmmm.

Ok, ELF I'll whip the front off of the ex before I power up. Cheers,

Update, checked inside the box before i powered up the ex and the fan was indeed wired not using the colours as expected... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back