Pull Switch - Live to L1 or L2 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(Images at the bottom of this message)

Just replacing the pull switch in the bathroom that switches on/off the single light fitting. The switch has only L1 and L2 terminals (L3 is 'dummy' with no connection). I'm not quite clear which is 'COM' here. The wiring in just one feed, red is providing the live feed in and black is routing back to the rose to the connection with the light fitting wire (at the rose the black wire has the red sleeve over it).

What is the strictly correct connection here - should live feed in (ie. red wire) connect to the L1 or L2 terminal ?

I guess in this arrangement it would work either way as it's a simple one way switch but I would like to conform to strict correct wiring.

Thanks.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 813
Sponsored Links
What is the strictly correct connection here - should live feed in (ie. red wire) connect to the L1 or L2 terminal ?
It doesn't matter.

I guess in this arrangement it would work either way as it's a simple one way switch but I would like to conform to strict correct wiring.
Exactly.

If it were being used as a two-way with the L3 terminal then it would matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back