Pulsacoil A-Class Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I live in a new built flat. I only moved in May 2008 but as many of those places its falling apart.

The storage boiler is leaking. It is a Pulsacoil A-Class Replacement and the Engineer from Pulsacoil London told me that the Cylinder needs to be replaced as it is erroded. Now I am reluctant to replace at a cost of almost 2k for another pulsacoil. Does anybody have any suggestions of a more reliable cylinder.

The company is offering me a Tristor 180L copper cylinder which apparently will not rust. It has a 10 year warranty. However I cannot find any reviews online.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hello, looks like our A class needs replacing too. Did you go with the Tristor in the end or another Gledhill? Would be interested in finding out how much it cost too, although our cylinder is 220, rather than 180.
Thanks!

These are usually fitted in the centre of a property.

That sometimes makes replacement with anything different.

I am disappointed at the unreliability of the Gledhills often not even reaching 10 years before they leak.

Ours has recently celebrated its 9th birthday so can concur with the sentiment. It's a pity though, as - aside from having the relay replaced with the upgraded version - we've had no problems with the unit. Just thinking of how to ensure the next installation lasts for longer. A quote I had suggested Gledhill BP, but one website said this is being phased out for Gledhill PCS. However all seem to be leaning towards the stainless steel cylinders, which they say should be stronger than the Pulsacoil copper cylinder.
Are these really much better?

Sponsored Links
I just wanted to update that I went with the Tristor Boiler - and have not had any problems so far. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back