pulsecoil 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have just moved in a new flat where there is no gas. The hot water is heated up by Pulsecoil 2000. Initially, there was no hot water coming out of the taps.Then i removed the screw off the face of the pump and gave a few twists to the screw inside the pump with a screwdriver, selected boost on the Horstman Economy7 quartz timer and the hot water came out. When i move the timer on night tariff manually it also works however i have to move it manually on 2am because the clock timer doesn't seem to move. Last night i left it on 7pm and this morning it was still on 7pm and as a result there was no hot water and had to push the "Boost" button. Could it be the battery that needs changing or it should work anyway regardless of the battery as there is 240v going into the timer? My apologies for the long thread and thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
The battery is only a backup in case of power failure to keep the timer running if it has 240V and its not turning then its knackered, readily available and easy to swap though

Thanks for your reply Ian. i think i'll have to replace it. If i turn the clock manually, the water storage fires in both BOOST and TIMED so it tells me that the timer gets the power from mains. Time for a new one then. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back