Puma 80e Lock Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been living in a new house for about a month now & the boiler is a Puma 80e. It has been working fine up until this morning when I woke up to a cold house & upon looking at the boiler it had locked out. I reset it & the CH fired up again but there was a kind of metal on metal noise & it locked out again within a minute. I then tested the hot water & this was fine, full pressure & full temperature.

I reset the lockout again & the CH started working, however the last couple of times the demand for the CH has stopped i.e. reached temp, hot water demanded etc, the boiler will lock out once CH kicks in again & will require a couple of resets to get kick it into life.

Any ideas what this maybe; is it something to do with the extreme cold?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most likely fan or diverter about to die, common problem on these.
Take the silver screw out of the pump (switch off at spur) if it is black inside, diverter is the first suspect.
Getting someone in who knows this model inside out is probably cheaper in the long run then experimenting yourself. Easy boiler to work on, but crap design.

Thanks for the reply.

The previous owner had BG Homecare & the boiler had an issue last month just before I moved in. He said that BG fitted about 5 different parts but the paperwork I have does not say what they are/were.

Do I have any come back with BG as the new owner? I plan to carry on the Homecare cover anyway.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back