pump / boiler running with no demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found my house getting very hot and discovered that the ch pump and boiler( gloworm ) were running with stat turned down and even controller switched off.. any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Could be a Frost stat / return limit stat failure or associated wiring as these should be wired independently of programmer.

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
don't have a frost stat but will start going through the wire jungle eliminating individual components :confused:

COuld still be a microswitch in a motorised valve shorting.

yesterday i disconnected room stat , cylinder stat , 3 way valve , pump , one at a time and each time boiler still runs on its own....i have heard glow worm pcb s are not very reliable...i guess i'll have a look at that.... incidentally cos the neons light up glowworm troubleshooting says its ok

It sounds as if the boiler is running when not expected.

You have not told us the model so its difficult to try to give any detailed advice.

The boiler may have a permanent live feed and a seperate call for heat connection which would normally be from the orange wire on the motor valve.

Its unlikely to be the boiler itself.

Perhaps the bigest clue is that the motor valve is only two months old! I would wonder if it was properly connected.

Saying " it must be ok because its only two months old" is deflecting you from finding the real cause. ANYTHING can have failed or been wrongly connected and I suspect the latter!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back