Pump for Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My mate owns a dog grooming salon (not a good start I know!) She's got an electric shower (Creda aquablue) plumbed into the mains for washing the dogs.

The problem is that the pressure isn't really good enough to wash the big dogs with thick hair.

Is there any way of improving her pressure? She was wondering about a pump, but I don't know if such a thing exists. She also asked if it would be worth replacing the shower unit.

I checked the shower head was in good condition and the holes weren't crusted up. To be honest the pressure isn't too bad, but she needs more for her job.

She's only got mains water, she hasn't even got hot water, a boiler or a water heater in her salon.

We'd both be grateful for any help.

Thanks.
Tracy

Sponsored Links
You cant pump to an electric shower, the pressure/flow is relevent to how quick the shower can heat the water.

Only option might be to increase the kw rating of the shower if the electric cable is big enough.

the electric shower will only give out what the mains water will put in.
no you can't fit a pump to it.

Thanks guys!

I've checked this one is 8.5kw. I'm not sure how increasing the rating kw will increase the pressure though?

Sponsored Links
Excuse the stupid question, but what do you mean by a better performance?

What my friend needs is more power to get through the dog hair for rinsing soap away. Would a larger wattage help with that do you think?

Greater the KW = Greater flow rate. Provided of course you've got the cold water flow rate initially. As a rough guide an 8.5 KW shower will give you about 6 - 7 lts flow rate per min. 9.5 or 10 KW showers slightly more but not the sort of flow rate you probably require. Plus they need a larger cable size and probably fuse in your consumer unit. Not worth the hassle really because it won't give you the power shower effect you probably desire

If you want more power, then a higher KW shower can help, as suggested before, the cost of installing a higher capacity wire and the necessary equipment can mount up :cry: Also, dependant on the water pressure coming into the building, what's wrong with a good old fashioned hose and a back yard to hose em down, dogs are quite hardy you know ;) Unless she has those pocket mexican dogs who need gentle treatment :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.

So, is she out of options?
Is her only option a proper power shower?
:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back