need hot water to wash hair at a festival!? any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right, a customer of mine wants to wash hair at a festival which is coming up fairly soon.

she says she has cold water there, but no pressure in the mains

she has electrics

Basiclaly we need hot water!?

what would be the best solution for this? i know its a bit of a mad idea i think but if i can sort something out for her she will be pleased

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
STOVE-1058.jpg
[/img]

Its a mad idea which obviously will not be going anywhere so this is all hypothetical.

To wash hair you first need WATER !

Then to make it more comfortable you could heat the water, perhaps over an open wood fire?

2287707-cooking-with-black-pot-on-opened-wood-fire.jpg

Tell her to shave it,then she can just wipe it down with a baby wipe.

Sponsored Links
Think ive lost you lot, she wants to wash peoples hair and charge for it!!!!

what do dog cleaners use?

Wheelie Bin ; Cut in hole at bottom to accept immersion heater: Tank connector at top connected to (some sort of) pump, in turn connected with hose to shower head

EDIT: Ball Valve at top of tank (sorry, W/bin) and maybe 2 immersion heaters.

EDIT: Maybe a dip pipe to take fresh water to bottom of bin

Dragons Den, here I come.

People have their hair washed at festivals?!?!?!?!

In my day, Reading, Donington etc we didn't even go near soap or water for up to 3 days!
Some of us even trained our bowels to store for that long due to the appalling state of the portaloos!!

Wash hair?......... At a festival?...............................Thats wierd.

Wash hair?......... At a festival?...............................Thats wierd.

It's all becoming middle class....... hence business opportunities.

I might go, if I can take my Winebago.

People have their hair washed at festivals?!?!?!?!

In my day, Reading, Donington etc we didn't even go near soap or water for up to 3 days!
Some of us even trained our bowels to store for that long due to the appalling state of the portaloos!!

Those were the days! I remember stopping at the first services back up the M5 from Glastonbury... oh the relief.:cool:
Hair-washing indeed. :rolleyes:

you will have to comply with health and safety
you will probably have to prove your setup is safe as its not a commercialy bought item

Dear Mr. Expert, yes it does have an immersion heater...... 3Kw, thats a heck of a load of photovoltaic cells layed out at a festival to collect the free energy that is known as the 'merciless english summer' ;)

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back