New shower head will it improve the flow??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter likes to have a hot shower which we know reduces the flow of water. I have a triton 850 shower. Can I buy a different head which will improve the flow please? Really need advice she is driving me mad saying it takes agees to rinse her long hair!!!! I have read you can buy heads which will improve flow etc. We do not believe we have low pressure. Please do not suggest turning the temperature down or cutting her hair really need helpful advice.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Some do some don't. Electric showers, alonside combi boilers, are notorious for having restricted flow rates. That is why I do not have one. Mine is a vented system and the shower is pumped. The original shower head did give a good flow but it was weak and wimpy. I tried a few different heads over a period of time and eventually found a three spray pattern one from Aldi. The needle pattern digs holes in my skin which is how I like my showers. The standard pattern is also excellent. The other pattern is an aeriated one which I don't use but there is plenty of flow with it. I found that the cheaper heads seem to give a better flow than the more expensive ones and as all the shower heads are made in China it makes little difference who you buy them from apart from the price which is usually hugely inflated if you buy a branded anything.

If it is a comi boiler shower you can change the shower head, but if it is an electric shower you have to use a shower head with the same flow rate as the origional

Need more info about the shower - I've searched for "Triton 850" and Google seems to think it's either an armoured boat or a wedding ring.

Sponsored Links
If the shower is an instantaneous electric 8.5 kw ,then changing the shower head will likely make no appreciable difference to the flow ,but if it's full of limescale the Spray pattern may improve. Your shower will deliver X amount of litres per minute at a given temperature .

14798228.jpg

I'm leaning towards it being the boat

Sorry been in work all day. Right my shower is a Electric Triton 850 hand held shower. We do not have a combi boiler. My husband measured the flow rate this pm and apparently there is roughly only 3litres of water per minute at the hot setting on on the medium setting only 4 litres per minute. Obviously its my water pressure not so much the flow rate as I first thought!!! Any thoughts to help me out??

Put the shower on fully cold ,you should get 8 or 9 LTR/ min.If you do, It's not a pressure problem that you have,but the inability of the shower to heat water to the temperature that you want at a decent flow rate. Probably because one heating element in the shower has failed.

A photo would help, but as others have suggested a more powerful shower may be your only option here

For a 8.5kW shower on the full power setting and the incoming water at 10 deg, the showering temperature of 42 deg, a rise of 32 deg. the flow rate will be just slightly over 4 litres per minute.

Electric Shower Flow Rates.PNG

Can I buy a different head which will improve the flow please?

my shower is a Electric Triton 850 hand held shower.

Search for “Ecocammel Jetstorm E”.

It’s an aerating shower head that may make it feels as if there is more water.

Most aerating shower heads are not suitable for electric showers but apparently this “E” model is.

I’ve not idea if it will actually help you.

I tried an Ecocammel it was crap to be honest.

For us the problems was low water pressure, a Salamander Homeboost pump sorted that one out, our electric shower is perfectly useable now.

Put the shower on fully cold ,you should get 8 or 9 LTR/ min.If you do, It's not a pressure problem that you have,but the inability of the shower to heat water to the temperature that you want at a decent flow rate. Probably because one heating element in the shower has failed.

The shower is new :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back