pump or gravity

If I have 3 conductors on the boiler thermostat (and an earth)
The cylinder stat normally has three terminals (sometimes plus earth) labelled C, 1 and 2. Though they may be labelled differently.

C is the one connected to Programmer HW ON;
1 is the one connected to boiler ON and Valve Orange wire;
2 is the one connected to Programmer HW OFF and Valve Grey wire.

You probably have just C and 1 connected at the moment. So you will have to connect 2 to the Valve Grey wire.

You also have to connect Programmer HW OFF to the valve Grey wire. So there are three wires connected together: HW OFF, Valve Grey and Cylinder Stat 2.

would this then mean that I have to change the timer to P (pumped).
Yes

Would this also mean that if I put CH on, the HW will not automatically come on ?
Yes. The LP522 has completely separate timing for the heating and hot water channels.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the info, so -

grey wire is not from the boiler thermostat, its from the honeywell valve ?

how do all 3 connect together ?

ie = thermostat to valve to HW off ?

grey wire is not from the boiler thermostat, its from the honeywell valve ?
Correct

how do all 3 connect together? ie = thermostat to valve to HW off ?
Normally this would be done by connecting all three wires to the same terminal in the wiring centre (7 in the Y plan wiring diagram). But you say you have just used terminal blocks, so you need a block to which all three wires are connected.

Just out of interest ;) are your terminal blocks hanging in mid-air or are they in a container of some sort?

they are actually all in a case ( backing part from a plug socket )

i think the best thing for me to do to keep it neet and tidy is to track the grey wire from the honeywell valve and also track from the thermostat as everything is easily accessable, connect these and just run a new wire from where these 2 wires are connected to the HW off

does this sound right ?

Sponsored Links
they are actually all in a case ( backing part from a plug socket )
That's good - at least its safe. It shouldn't be difficult to change the box for a wiring centre, cost about £10, which contains a 10 or 12 connector strip. Study the wiring diagram I posted and compare it with your current arrangement and you will see what you have to do.

i think the best thing for me to do to keep it neat and tidy is to track the grey wire from the Honeywell valve and also track from the thermostat as everything is easily accessible, connect these and just run a new wire from where these 2 wires are connected to the HW off
That will do the trick. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as all three wires are joined in a common terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back