Pump overrun query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got the Honeywell wiring booklet/guide? I downloaded it.

The wiring for a S PLAN with pump overrun doesn't make sense, the reason I say it is :

the boiler has a NEUTRAL and EARTH connection as normal, a PERMANENT LIVE to it, and still has the switched live from the ORANGE WIRES to it. The boiler provides LIVE to the PUMP via a separate terminal block. My point is: how does the pump run?

Pump overrun stats make when the temp is over 60 degrees C and open when the temp is under, so when the boiler 1st starts up, and the water is a lot lower, does the pump not run ??? .....

Sponsored Links
When the Boiler is Cold, the Pump is fired via the SwL terminal, it works like this,

Over heat Stat Common = Pump Live
Over heat stat Norm Open = Perm L
Over heat stat Norm Closed= Sw L

therefore when cold pump is fed by SwL, once hot feed transfers to Perm Live, untill boiler stops and cools down

Simples ;)

I see, so the switched live to the boiler, also feeds the pump as well, via the boiler....

A lot of newer modern boilers with internal pumps, like combi's, the pump is part of the firing sequence and controlled by the PCB isn't it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back