Pump Overrun Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I packed up my tools yesterday happy in the knowledge that my plumbing work is over until the new year. Woke this morning to a cold house and a boiler not working!!

It's a Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 S :rolleyes:, (I know what you're thinking but I've not been here long and not had chance to replace it yet, blah blah)

So any ideas where I can get a pump overrun thermostat for this quickly, it's a 'Therm O Disc' type.

Sponsored Links
Don't know if anywhere will be open tomorrow, but try your local parts center

Think plumb/parts centre is closed till thursday . Ours is... just stick the pump on a 3 pin plug for time being

Sponsored Links
Ha ha, serves you right you lazy git!

Clamp a cylinder stat to the flow pipe?

Hope my Netaheat sees me through to summer...

Just stick the pump on a 3 pin plug for time being
Thanks, done that, in the mrs good books now ;)

I've never had this problem before, since getting my corgi I have been more or less constantly working on contract bathrooms. I have the qualifications but thats not even half of it, it's the experience you need to survive. There is no mention in the corgi book about 'wiring the pump onto a 3 point plug'.

Clamp a cylinder stat to the flow pipe?
Forgive my ignorance but I cant get my head around how that would work.

Ha ha, serves you right you lazy git!
Hope my Netaheat sees me through to summer...

Ha ha, it does embarrass me to the point where not only have I lied about what boiler I have when asked, but down the merchants I have actively joined in the p1ss take of someone else who has one.

NO to permanent live
NC to boiler switched live
Common to the Pump.

See?

Johny.. .The apollo is one of the best older boilers out there been out since about 1980 but well worth keeping so once its fixed keep it.

If you need the part number it should be on www.partsarena.com/baxi . then click into myson the Thorn apollo uses the same stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back