Pump Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Last question - I hope...

My central heating pump is currently making a noise, so I figured I replace that as well whilst upgrading the system to add a y-valve.

Just after a bit of advice as to which type to get. We have 8 radiators and it's a 4 bed detached house.

The current pump is a euramo-mx-130-c, which is 0.44A and 92 watts, made by Hill-Foster Ltd.

I was looking at getting a Grundfos 15/50 for £60 does that sound like it would be suitable?

Sponsored Links
Yes, this is the standard domestic pump.

If you have a microbore system it may be worth getting the 15/60.

Thanks for the reply - no there is no microbore - it's all 15mm at the rads

Go for a cheap one.

Myson does a 15-50 for about £35 including vat.These are the ones BG use.

Sponsored Links
are the "wilo gold 50" pumps that plumbworld sell for £30 any good?

You can fit the best pump in the world, but if you system is sludged it wont make any diference. I have a Wilo in my house and its been there 10 years as my system is clean. My Grandad has an SMC which is 35 years old and will not fail due to a poor system.

A circulator is a circulator nothing more or less.

Put a fat man in the best trainers and they will wear out miles faster than putting seb coe in a pair of reebok's.

Dave

Me, never, I can't even run for a bus :eek:

The only running I get near to is my nose when I have a cold :oops: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back