Pump required or not?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello, I have a bungalow heated by a Grant Vortex 15-21 external oil burner. I'm working on a loft conversion and need to branch into the existing boiler supply and return pipes in order to feed some new pipework into the loft for radiators to be installed at a later date. My question is do I require a pump for pumping the water vertically into the loft. Attached is a photo of the existing pipework which I need to branch into

Attachments

• 20230423_154430.jpg
    20230423_154430.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
1. You shouldn't need a pump, assuming there is already one on the system (possibly inside the boiler).
2. If your system is sealed (expansion vessel (red) and pressure gauge) you shouldn't have any problems.
3. If it is an open vented system (small Feed and Expansion tank in loft), the F&E tank must be above the level of the highest radiator.

Thanks, I believe it is number 3 as there is a 2nd small tank in the loft which would be higher than any new loft radiators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back