Isolating Central Heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I posted a thread a while ago as I was having some problems with a noisy boiler. Well I tracked down one of the noises to the central heating pump, I don't think it's faulty, but it hums and transmits that along the pipework, which then transmits it around the house. It's definitly the pump as the noise is present when the boiler is off (and goes away when the pump switches off)

I tried putting some foam under the pipework near the pump but it didn't really work.

I wondered if it was possible to isolate the pump from the pipework in any way with flexible couplings? and mount the pump to a solid surface with anti vibration mounts?

I had a similar problem with the extractor unit in the loft transmitting vibration down the ductwork. I fitted the motor unit on anti vibration mounts and used short pieces of flexible ducting to connect it to the rigid ducting. It was very effective in solving the problem. Just wondered if a similar solution was possible for a central heating pump.

Sponsored Links
difficult to say without hearing it but if the pump is noisy it should be replaced

Sponsored Links
PC:0750 is the mfr date.

07 = 2007
50 = Week 50.

So it's a late 2007 pump, maybe new and unused but not brand new stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back