Isolating noise/vibration of an Aqualisa Quartz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a very standard gravity fed system. Based on some very rough mathematics, I think my cold header tank is around 45 gallon (Imperial), not to sure of the hot storage, but guessing its a similar or slightly smaller capacity.

I'm quite interested in fitting one of the Aqualisa Quartz/Axis pumped systems, but I'm a little concerned about the possible noise/vibration that these may produce.

I've got no experience of power showers, so don't know what to expect in terms of noise etc. I tend to shower in the early morning and don't want to disturb other members of the family with excessive pump noise.

I would intend to use 'flexi' couplings from the 'processor' module to the main pipework, which should help reduce noise being transmitted through the pipes, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience isolating the main 'processor' module.

I was thinking of some form of industrial rubber mounts or even some DIY bungee cord suspension rig. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Glenn

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back