Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower to combi boiler or mixer showe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
Just stumbled upon this site while researching my problem and thought I would register as it seemed pretty good, so thanks in advance for any replies.

I have an Aqualisa Quartz digital pumped shower connected to a typical boiler system with the expansion tank and cylinder, so the hot and cold water is piped separately to the Quartz processor box in the loft which mixes it and supplies the mixed water down to the shower. I'm replacing my boiler for a combi system, we have good water pressure and im going for a min 24 output boiler i think.

My question is A: can i use the pumped processor with a combi boiler?
I know you cant pump mains water, so can I simply turn off the pump? The processor box has a switch (See pic) that allows the selecting of 'Combi' for combi boilers so I'm assuming this just turns the pump off? The max pressure for this kit is 1bar though, so it may be a 'it works until it leaks' scenario. The replacement box without the pump is £250, so

Question B: if the above is asking for trouble then can anyone recommend an okay mixer shower that uses exposed pipework, as the quartz is exposed and this would allow a new shower without too much damage to the bathroom tilework, this kind of thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3V6jTCwypI

thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is to ring Aqualisa and ask them if your processor is suitable for a combi boiler (you can't pump mains water). I can't see why they would specify that the mains pressure should be under 1 bar when you have the option of turning the processor for a use on a combi!!

Nb - a 24kw combi normally supplied 9 litres a minute which is pretty disappointing. Personally I would be looking at a minimum of 30kw (12 ltr/min).

looking at your second pic it's looks like the piping is different to the processer pump attachment.

as above i wouldn't dream of fitting a 24kw combi

My question is A: can i use the pumped processor with a combi boiler?
The max pressure for this kit is 1bar

No you can't use the pumped version on a combi.
You'll need to change the processor and remote.
The gravity version is 1 bar max the standard version is 7 bar max.
But they both have the same module fitted.

Sponsored Links
okay cheers all. i will replace the shower as it's cheaper than buying the new bits required for this one and there might be some second hand value. will also investigate a boiler with a higher output thanks to your advice although i understand it to be affected by the water pressure. will read up. ta!

iv read on other posts that you can remove the pump and apply an outlet pipe for this mixed flow, effectively creating the 'pumpless' box, although i suppose the pressure problem will always be a worry until its too late.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back