Aqualisa shower leaking pump - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. Hopefully someone can help....
I bought a house a few years ago with a gravity water supply. We had an Aqualisa pumped shower fitted. A couple of years later I had the boiler changed to a combi boiler but NEVER changed the shower. At the time the plumber who fitted the boiler explained clearly that one day a leak would happen and that he added a pressure reduction valve or something that would help a little bit.
This bank holiday the leak appeared.
Questions are:
1. Do I need a whole new shower or can the pump be piped around or can I get a replacement processor without a pump?
2. Does anyone who can help live near Beckenham in Southeast London and can help on this sunny Sunday 26th May?

Shower is a Quartz Digital exposed thermostatic power shower

Thanks
LiamS

Sponsored Links
No, you need a new shower, its an awful bodge to put a reducing valve on a pumped shower.

You may be able to replace the pumped box with the mains pressure version, best check with aqualisa

Sponsored Links
Hi LiamS,

You won't need a new shower, just a replacement unpumped processor box.

It should be a relatively easy problem to fix, as the inlets into the box are the same as the pumped processor. The only difference is the outlet, being that its in a slightly different position.

If you give our customer service team a call on 01959 560010 they should be able to advise you.

Regards
Lucy at Aqualisa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back