Pump running continuous

bhq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima boiler with a Megaflow unvented mains pressure water heater. The pump has been running continuously except for a couple of seconds every minute or two. At the beginning and end of the two seconds the boiler clicks. Usually the boiler's LED flashes slowly green, during the two seconds it's flickering red. Hot water and heating are both off at the controller. The boiler stat is max, the cylinder stat can be anywhere, it appears to make no difference. Judging by the clicks when I turn the cylinder stat, the water temp is 70 degrees.

Disconnecting the cylinder stat makes no difference.

I've just disconnected the pump, the boiler still clicks for the two seconds, and fires up occasionally.

I'd like to get the water temperature down and stop the pump running needlessly.

Help please.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How old is your Suprima, and has it ever had a replacement PCB?

The house was built in 2003, boiler must be that old. I have no evidence of any repairs.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back