Help, I'm cold.

I bet it's the fan spigot blocked, mine does this once a year, esp when damp outside.
But I'm afraid you need an RGI for this and any other poss combustion fault.

Happy New Year.:cool:

Look up Hinton Heating - good bloke in your area :)

Sponsored Links
It's a honeywell gas valve, 4700 C I think.
That's not very relevant, is it. :rolleyes:

Anyway to light the pilot push in and hold the yellow/green knob...
Yellow, or green? Button or knob? Are you actually trying to be vague?

To extinguish the pilot push the button to the left and release.
Please supply more detail on how to "push" the yellow/green button/knob to the left.

Assuming that you're getting a live feed...
Classic. :rolleyes:

Well the pilot light is on. I took the cover off and can see the blue glow.
That's good, so you can put the cover back on now.

What should I be looking for now we know the pilot light is on?
Do you have any motorised valves?

Nice photos, BTW.

Hark at Mr Pedantic.

I mentioned the model of the gas valve because you didn't appear familiar with it.

The button appears yellow in the pictures but is normally a green colour so it may be a trick of the light.

Perhaps I should have typed slide to the left instead of push to the left to help the more intellectually challenged amongst us.

I'm assuming that there is a lead feed to the boiler because the pump is running but without standing in front of the boiler with a multimeter I am unable to tell. If the OP is competent with a meter they could check this before having to call in an engineer to investigate further.

Mike

I bet it's the fan spigot blocked, mine does this once a year, esp when damp outside.
But I'm afraid you need an RGI for this and any other poss combustion fault.

Happy New Year.:cool:

Look up Hinton Heating - good bloke in your area :)

No fan on this boiler, it's a balanced flue.

Mike

Sponsored Links
It fired up nicely when I switched the heating back on.

Perhaps simply a case of the pilot light blowing out, the cover (and cupboard) hide the indicator window.

Is this model of boiler particularly old. good, bad, due for replacement?

Many thanks for all advice.

If it's working okay why replace it? If it doesn't do what you want it to or if it's giving a lot of grief then think about swapping it. Until such time just keep it properly maintained with an annual service.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back