no HW, but CH works...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We've recently set our boiler to HW only, for the summer. It's been fine until this morning when it refused to start up, leaving us with cold water.
I turned on the CH, adjusted the room stat, and it started fine. But as soon as I turn it to HW only, it stops. I've tried adjusting the cylinder stat with no results.
Is it likely to be a faulty cylinder stat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Sponsored Links
ball.jpg

starter for 10 perhaps :eek:

er.....sorry, i don't understand. is it best to start with the cylinder stat?

incidently the boiler is a Potterton Profile 60e.

bagley said:
er.....sorry, i don't understand. is it best to start with the cylinder stat?

incidently the boiler is a Potterton Profile 60e.

No get a multimeter and work from the programmer until you arrive at the component that is getting voltage in, but not the correct voltage out. Could be programmer, motorized valve or cylinder stat or possibly the wiring.

Sponsored Links
Not guaranteed to be the problem at all, but in my most recent breakdown it was the motorised valve (like a tap with a motor on the front) that had gone because of water dripping on it from the tap above. Mine had a lever on it that you can use to manually turn it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back