pump runs continously at night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the pump in the system runs contiously at night. the pump is a grundfoss selectric. I have checked to see if there is frost stat as the boiler (ideal classic) is mounted in the garage but can,t find evidence of any. The system works excellent except for the noise at night. I have flushed the system and added noise silencer and protector but to no avail.
any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
How long has it been doing this?

How long have you lived there?

Has any plumbing work been done recently?

Does the boiler also fire up every now and again, if so you probably have a sticking microswitch in a motorised valve

:idea: confuse it by leaving the garage light on.

i would look for froststat. yer post is a bit vague..

anyway it frekkin gas. :arrow: im off.

Sponsored Links
If its a zone valve micro switch then the boiler will be firing as well heating dhw or htg. There maybe a faulty over run switch in the boiler.

we have lived here for 12 years, no repairs or work has been carried out except for thermostatic valves fitted, it's only been doing it since the heating was switched on for the winter, left the light on and tried heating garage, and no the boiler doesn't flash up when the pump starts running

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back