Pump size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a Potterton Promax 24HE heat only boiler yesterday where owner had reported "loud noises" and boiler lock outs. Anyway tracked noises down to the pump. Isolated and removed pump head only and sure enough several cracks on vanes and bits missing. The old pump head was badged as BG Multi Head III TF95, fitted in awkward place. Took this to parts centre who gave me a CP53. Fitted new pump head and all looked, sounded and worked fine. Since had a message from the owner asking me to call back as boiler now quiet but only working for shorter periods before locking out with an overheat error. Just wondering if anyone knows if I have fitted a suitable replacement or if its just coincidence that I fitted new pump and now overheating.. Am i right in thinking that if i shut down some of the rads this might prove pump working/not working correctly?
Thanks in advance

Aside from the above, have seen some belting condensate pipe configurations over the last few days!

Sponsored Links
Replace pump with same as you took out, CP53 as only got 5ft head.

spraggo

Thanks spraggo
Do you know what an equivalent of the BG badges pump is?? CP53 is what parts centre advised!
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back