Pump Valve Ball and changing CH pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change my Grundfos CH pump. I notice that there is a 22mm Pump Valve Ball on each side of the pump. Its similar to the one shown on the Srewfix website part no. 13885. If you look there is a small screw on each valve. Is there a way I can change the pump without draining the system by turning this srew?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
straight forward job turn of the pump valves remove the pump head using allen keys and replace with the new pumphead do not have to remove whole pump or touch any pipe work this will eliminate any possibility of disturbing any pipe work

The chances of that type of pump valve working and not leaking is about 3%.
And you have two. Best of British! A partial drain-down and new pair of valves is probably best advice. Sometimes you can successfully "Bung" the pipes at the top of the house to suspend the water in the pipes - do a search on "bung".

I got the whole pump already so might as well change the whole thing. How can I tell if the valve is turned off (short of getting my feet wet). Presumably, a few turns of the screw?

Sponsored Links
turn it 1/4 turn so that slot is across pipe, bet it leaks!

Gazing into my crystal ball i see a post tomorrow "where can i buy pump valves on a sunday" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back