Gate valves or ball valves for CH Pump?

Sponsored Links
Ball valves everytime for me,
I find you get a lot less problems with them.

Gate valves if they leak you can tighten up the gland, if ball vales leak you are stuck with replacing them.

Sponsored Links
They're both bloody hopeless.....ball valves leak once fiddled with, and gate valves belong in the days of steam - from time to time they don't completely stop the water flow. You can tighten the gland though if they leak from there, and if they have they'll be seized anyway :p
Joy!
John :)

Gate type sell at a rate of 10 to every 1 ball type, roughly.

Seeing as they are both likely to fail after a few years perhaps a pipe to pump connector without any valve would be a good thing :rolleyes:

Gate valves for me.....even if they don't stop the water completely when turned off, its enough to change the pump without a complete drain down and deluge. The ball valves tend to leak from the turning stem once disturbed after a while......just my own experience though.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back