Pumped shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a question before installing my new shower. i have just bought a house and the ensuite shower needs replaced. the water pressure is dreadful as its tank fed from the loft above.
the whole ensuite is plumbed from a shared cold feed. its a mira elite se and from previous experience ive found pumped showers require a dedicated cold feed.
I cant get a dedicated cold feed because walls and floor are tiled. can i install the show shower on the shared feed and fit non return valves on the taps and toilet to stop the shower drawing from those if open?

Sponsored Links
What is there at the moment?

Never installed a pumped electric shower before TBH, so not exactly sure how much of a draw it would put on the supply but I don't think it would be that large as it's still an electric shower so the flow would be low so wouldn't think a shared cold feed would be an issue. What is the cold feed shared with and is it a 22mm pipe from the cistern in the attic?

You would also need to take note of required supply head of pressure, should be in the MI

I fitted one in mothers wet room, worked well, but when combi boiler was fitted it had to be removed as illegal to fit direct to mains supply, if anything can suck on the mains supply it could draw in containments if there are any leaks, but other wise there would always be a positive pressure on the mains supply so any leaks would be out of the pipe not into the pipe.

I know we ended up with chrome pipes surface mounted as a result instead of the pipes within the wall.

as illegal to fit direct to mains supply
I doubt that, unlikely to exceed the maximum l/m allowed. However, the mains pressure would likely have been too high for the shower.

Sponsored Links
I doubt that, unlikely to exceed the maximum l/m allowed. However, the mains pressure would likely have been too high for the shower.
It did work, we could have simply switched off the mains supply, but in the area where my mother lived it is not permitted to pump from the mains supply, mains supply would need to go into a tank and then be pumped, I know some places it is pumped from the mains, it was in Algiers in Algeria, but in North Wales it was not permitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back