pumping over . any clues

Any system which is pumping over is wrong, regardless of blockages. You need to get this sorted, as all sorts of problems are there, which will shorten the life of the whole heating system.

Sponsored Links
the magnet will be attracted towards the copper pipe because of the black magnetite iron corrosion sediment inside it

Sponsored Links
I didn't think I had to explain it to you Mr Glazier when the details are on the drawing.:cool: !!!!!
Or is that your infamous sense of humour?

The point is that pumping over is always wrong. If a system pumps over when partially blocked, the layout is still and always was wrong.

This is more common that people think. There is a hard sludge build-up where the vent and down feed pipe meets the return pipe just before the pump. It has to be cut out and cleaned or replaced.

The blockage at this point is not normal sludge but seems to contain calcium which makes it very hard indeed.

HCl will dissolve it but thats not a good thing to use on copper pipework so it always has to be cut out. Its also virtually impossible to drill through it.

Tony

We cannot assume that your assessment of the conditionn of the header tank is adequate.

Please post a picture looking at an angle downwards into the header tank.

Pumps dont detach themselves during the night and refit themselves the wrong way ro9und!

Tony

The pump was changed about eighteen months ago, which may have coincided with the pumping over starting - thats why I'm wondering if its possible to fit a pump the wrong way round .Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back