Push fit isolation valve onto copper pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, cheers in advance for any help, I want to remove a bathroom and eventually replace it, but I was wondering could I use a push fit isolation valves as a temp cap onto copper pipes?

Sponsored Links
What could I do with the radiator? As I believe they are not suitable for central heating.

If it's for a temporary capping off why not use a cap?

And, you can use pushfit isos on CH, just not the plastic ones.

Sponsored Links
Do I need to drain the system off? I'm a complete noob when it comes to plumbing, I plan to have a professional replace the bathroom. I want to do as much as possible to keep costs down.

Cheers.

If your talking about draining the heating system then no you don't, Just turn both valves off either side of the radiator and crack one of the union nuts drain the rad and remove. As for the hot and cold we need to know what type of system you have.

Do you mean what type of boiler? It's a Worcester combi boiler?

Depends really on how many isolation valves are in place serving each appliance. If there is none then you can turn the main stopcock off that will stop your hot and cold coming out and just drain the system from your kitchen tap(s). Or you could wait for the proffesional :D

I like the idea of shutting it off and simply removing the rad, is there anything I should watch out for?

The only thing really is if one of the valves is a thermostatic one then you could do with removing the head and putting a cap in place of it just incase the temperature drops and the valve opens, do that before you remove the rad. Or you can cap the valve off on the part where the rad tail usually goes.

The only thing really is if one of the valves is a thermostatic one then you could do with removing the head and putting a cap in place of it just incase the temperature drops and the valve opens, do that before you remove the rad. Or you can cap the valve off on the part where the rad tail usually goes.

There is no thermostat control on the rad, is that the same thing?

There is no thermostat control on the rad, is that the same thing?[/quote]

Just close both valves drain down rad and remove then.
Don't forget the inserts for the plastic pipe if you intend on using it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back