Push fit soil waste pipe arrangement through a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Some advice please

I have a plastic push and fit 110mm soil pipe just installed. I am slightly concerned as the joins are inside the wall. I think it is much better have a one solid pipe straight through the wall and through a cavity wall as if it happens to leak it be either on outside or by toilet connection and not inside cavity wall? At the moment the 92 degree (elbow) bend join is just inside the outside wall and the pipe through the cavity wall (at slight angle up) ends just before the internal wall and connected through push and fit connector to another pipe to connect to the toilet.

How good are push and fit connectors - can they leak or is it unlikely? Should I get this corrected to a safer arrangement so any potential leaks can be easily addressed?

Cheers Jules

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,717
  • pipe2.jpg
    pipe2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,200
  • pipe3.jpg
    pipe3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,623
  • pipe4.jpg
    pipe4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,133
Sponsored Links
It might just be the angle of the photos but the branch doesn't look right:

a) Is it fully home in the socket (of the lower section of the stack)?
b) Is the horizontal branch being forced up to meet the WC connection?
c) Is that the final position of the stack once it's clipped to the wall?

The branch section should be continuous through the outer and inner leaf - don't stop it inside the cavity.

As long as the pipe is prepared (especially chamfering and lubricating the ends before fitting to a socket) and fitted correctly then there is no issue having the branch joint inside the brickwork.

It might just be the angle of the photos but the branch doesn't look right:

a) Is it fully home in the socket (of the lower section of the stack)?
b) Is the horizontal branch being forced up to meet the WC connection?
c) Is that the final position of the stack once it's clipped to the wall?

The branch section should be continuous through the outer and inner leaf - don't stop it inside the cavity.

As long as the pipe is prepared (especially chamfering and lubricating the ends before fitting to a socket) and fitted correctly then there is no issue having the branch joint inside the brickwork.

a) I think it is fully home
b) horizontal branch is being forced up slightly - maybe 5 degree slope give or take 1 or 2 degrees.
c) it is the final position.

I believe the pipe been prepared with chamfering and lubrication (looks like it as in first photo on the lower join)

a) I think it is fully home
Need to be sure!

b) horizontal branch is being forced up slightly - maybe 5 degree slope give or take 1 or 2 degrees.
Not good and you probably don't want to bury it in the wall like that

I believe the pipe been prepared with chamfering and lubrication
Again you need to be sure - if the chamfer isn't right then the seal can be pushed out of place.

Probably the most important bit

Sponsored Links
If the joint on the branch was outside the externsl wall then the soil pipe would be stood off the wall too far.
The branch joint is always just inside the wall.
First pic not sure what thedark ring is round the pipe? Its either not fully home and its the bur or its a smear if silicone grease which is fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back