Push fit waste permanent or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not familiar with push fit waste system but need to fit a new bath to an existing old push fit waste pipe. the final length of pipe is black with the rest grey and goes into a push fit connector. when i twisted and pulled the black pipe, it came out quite easily. is this normal? i'm worried that if i just push it back in again it will leak. i thought push fit pipes aren't supposed to come undone once joined? should i saw it off before the connector and rejoin the pipe using a compression fitting?

Sponsored Links
taper edge of pipe so not to damage the o ring and lub it up little first and u should be fine

I'd cut the end off the existing pipe and put a new joint on. Push fit shouldnt leak when its fitted properly, but the O rings can go brittle over time and a disturbed joint is unlikely to seal again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back