Pushfit plumbing question please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hopefully you are all well and in good health

I'm in the process of fitting a outdoor water tap for for a hose pipe with the use of plastic push fit pipes.

I have t'd off the water supply and pushed the pipe through the wall to the other side. I now need to connect a elbow and another pipe to run the plumbing up the wall.

This is all surface mounted.

The question is, how can i possibly get the elbow nice and tight against the wall? I dont want to make a massive chase in the wall to house the elbow joint but dont really want it to stick so far out from the wall either.

I was wondering whether a long 90degree bend pipe was availble to buy so instead of using a elbow i could use the "90 degree elbow pipe" instead with straight coupler connections on each end instead?

I'm new to pvc plumbing so any advice I'd most appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Any reason for using plastic? A 90° copper soldered fitting on copper pipe coming through the wall and copper pipe going up to the tap will look much neater, surely?

I used is just out of convenience ro be honest.

I had some pipe left over and thought it would be eaiser to fit, which it is, but the fittings are not the most discrete :)

The tap is actually going to be fitted into the garage

Sponsored Links
You can get a bend sweeper for pushfit but its big snd ugly. Either live with the protruding elbow (i have a similar setup, i'm over it at the mo) or go copper (with a drainoff at the bottom) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back