installing mira shower plumbing side of it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have mira electric shower atl advance and have a pipe in wall for cold water feed then I have shower with a connection with nut and bolt I think this is name , have seen in booklet that must have an elbow to go into the mira shower, so an elbow to bring out the pipe from wall pointing up and then a little bit of straight pipe comingout up from elbow into pipe from mira shower, cannot fit compression elbow as Mira says it is ilegal but can use push fit or weld but we have cable behind copper pipe and push fit elbow to chunky. Are we doing this right and what happens to the whole in wall behind shower? any ideas please?? We have beeen doing this bathroom for the past 6 months. Please help

Sponsored Links
I had a mira excel shower installed recently Once the pipework is set up (with a pipe coming out at 90 degrees from the channel in the wall), I simply filled the whole channel with cement and tiled over it before fitting the shower.

The backplate of the shower should cover any holes. You can also silicone the backplate so no water goes behind.

sanjay.[/quote]

firstly i'd be more worried about the electric side of things
do you know what your doing?
electricity and water are not a good mix
heard of "part P building regs 2005"?
when did mira tell you a compression elbow was illegal?

Thanks for reply, I have tiled the channel were pipe comes up wall but the 90 degree elbow was my main concern, in reply to the second post, I have an electritian who is taking care of the fan and all electrical side of things. Last week I phoned Mira and told them our problem, and they said just to make sure an elbow does come out of the wall and that it is not a compression type as it goes against water bylaws and they said to use either welded joint or push fit. My problem is had a plumber who did job half way and bad, long story, the plumber had welded an elbow so in effect pipe comes out of wall at 90degrees, this not quite as we noticed it is a 45 degree and squashed towards wall then he had left a compression stop end type valve.

Sponsored Links
Katipo said:
Last week I phoned Mira and told them our problem, and they said just to make sure an elbow does come out of the wall and that it is not a compression type as it goes against water bylaws and they said to use either welded joint or push fit.
This sounds line nonsense - many shower manufacturers supply compression elbows with their showers!

Katipo said:
...this not quite as we noticed it is a 45 degree and squashed towards wall then he had left a compression stop end type valve.
Say what now? What's one of those valves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back