Putting double socket on cooker ring (30amp 6mm cable)

Does that mean that an electrician could wire up the existing 6mm cable running to the Bill Box into the CU?

They would then not need to re-wire/add wire to the kitchen?

Sponsored Links
Providing the cable tests out all right, and that fuseway is indeed spare, then I don't see what not, then just replace the cooker connection plate with a double socket outlet, and may as well leave the breaker as 15A

Though, how difficult would it be to get a cable into the kitchen? might be better running a completely fresh cooker circuit while kitchen is in pieces, that one looks like it its quite old (clock the metal style clips on it), could be early PVC and turning green :LOL:

Though, how difficult would it be to get a cable into the kitchen? might be better running a completely fresh cooker circuit while kitchen is in pieces

The problem is as of tomorrow the kitchen's being fitted. I don't think I'll get an electrician out tomorrow or early next week.

I could however keep the cooker cable in the wall so that I could add the socket in the future if I get it connected back up to the CU.

I the meantime I'm going to have to run everything off the main ring.

Adam is right. the 15A breaker is unused. Put a 32A mini breaker in there and extend the cable on the old BILL switchfuse to the new 32A breaker.

Looks like the option.??

Sponsored Links
The 15A breaker could be left for now... if its only going to be serving 3kw double oven and gas ignition....

I suppose you could say about making a standard cooker circuit for in case anyone wants to put a full electric cooker there one day... but chances are the CU would have been changed by the time the kitchen is re-modelled next time anyway, so seems a bit daft to bother getting hold of a 30A to me... others may disagree!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back