Putting radiator back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have been having a room changed around and things moved about and i am ready to put the radiator back on the wall. The pipes for the radiator have been turned off. One end with the normal + and - knob to turn it off. The other side has a thermostat and this has had a bronze like cap screwed onto the pipe were it would normally screw onto the radiator. I assume this has been put on because the thermostat could easily be turned back on by accident so assume this is to stop a leak if it was turned on. Do i assume that as long as the thermostat is off i can unscrew this cap and then attach the radiator again or am i missing something. i know i could ring the plumber to ask but don't really want to bother him if its something like i said above.
Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
Yes, but there might be a bit of leakage if the thermostat hasn't managed to close the valve completely.

get yer missuses hairdryer to it before you take it off. The liquid inside will expand and close off the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back