Putty/Arboflex 500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to put in a couple of double glazing units in some wood frames. The below is an extract from the supplier, I have had a look in B and Q/toolstation/screwfix this arvo, and I can only find linseed putty, it clearly states not to use this. I can only find the Arboflex online.

The only other option I can find localy is I have check the website, but cannot find conformation of linseed.
http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Evo-Stik-Glaziers-Putty/254

Can anyone recommend an available putty?

Putty Glazing

The rebate should be bedded with a non setting compound such as Arboflex 500 (recommended) to provide a bed between the back rebate and glass of approximately 2 mm. The unit should be seated onto suitable glazing packers to avoid glass to timber contact at the bottom of the unit, and evenly compressed around the perimeter of the unit to achieve an equal 2mm bed of compound.

The unit should be held in position by Non Corrosive sprigs or brads.

(Such as Copper, Sheradisded, Stainless Steel or glazing gun diamond points)

In order to prevent possible contamination of the seal of the unit we recommend that the unit is face puttied with the same non setting butyl putty such as Arboflex 500. Not Linseed Oil as this contaminates the Bostik hot melt seal of the unit.

If silicone is used to seal the perimeter of the unit, it must be allowed to cure for 24 hours before being face puttied.

Please note, we recommend mixing softening medium with the Arboflex if required

Sponsored Links
Go to your local glaziers and buy 5kg of butyl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back