PVC barge board, etc. on chalet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
barge.jpg

I have a wooden "chalet" (posh shed) that has barge boards (140x18mm) that are rotting. It also has (I don't know what they're called) strips of wood (10x20mm) screwed to the top of the barge boards that are there to keep the edges of the shingles from blowing off - these are also rotting.

I want to replace these with plastic, PVC I guess. Are there equivalent PVC items that I can buy ready made? I don't see any at my local suppliers' stock lists. I don's need anything fancy just simple strips.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
can you please post photos of the things you complain of?

its called a verge cover board or a capping board.

when the fascia and capping is removed you might find the ply or whatever board underneath the asphalt shingles is water damaged.

you can buy lengths off pvc in various lengths and section seizes. cappins not sold under that nameas far as i now?

Sponsored Links
Thank you.
I've seen some fascia boards by "Freefoam" that I thought I could use "upside down" with the return used to act like the capping board. Would this work, do you think?

it could but the return is well shy of the 50mm or so wide wood capping an would miss buttin up to the gutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back