Pvc window hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

is there a hinge that can replace the standard restrictor/hinge on a pvc window so the window can be opened back further

Sponsored Links
Best opening you will get is an 85/90 degree easyclean/fire egress hinge , which will open the window at a 85/90 angle without moving the sash away from the frame ( so no major gap between open sash and window fraem when window is open

0D25D91A-4C6D-4373-9000-BAF86FB65DBC.jpeg
Can I get more open than this...

in a short answer , not really, widest friction stays will go is 90 degree , as normally you wouldn't want the window sash to hit the wall

Sponsored Links
Only way would be to fit door hinges and do away with the friction hinges which are already 90° egress hinges

ok thanks

that's a shame. Would
Love them to open further back.

you could try the Trojan mega egress hinge, it won’t open beyond 90deg, but when open the sash is right in line with the frame jamb - in fact half over it. This creates a bigger opening.

bear in mind though it might not work with your upvc profile as it all depends where the eurogroove is….it looks too far towards the inside from your picture. I know the hing well as I used to use it on timber windows.

https://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/prod...MIqY6bjoPt9AIVQ-3tCh3-UAnOEAQYBSABEgKm2_D_BwE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back